1 C Whole Milk
3 C Heavy Whipping Cream
4 Egg Yolks
Pinch Sea Salt
*Toppings: Nuts or Crispy Bacon
1. Simmer Maple Syrup in a saucepan over medium heat for about 6 minutes. Stirring constantly add milk and cream and stir for about 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Separate egg yolks and beat with whisk attachment (easiest to use Kitchenaid or beaters) until light yellow and frothy. *Crucial you do this for long enough.
3. While still whisking Very Slowly add your hot mixture to the yolks. Once entire mix is added, pour back into the saucepan and add pinch of sea salt. Stir constantly over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes. * If you over do it and the eggs scramble, use an immersion blender for about 2 seconds until it is liquid again.
4. Chill in fridge over night.
5. Pour into Ice Cream Machine, following the directions to your specific machine.